Here it is, the m5 version of the Lv5 subwoofer. Built for ground pounding and taking abuse in or out of the competition lanes.
When we went to the drawing board with this one we were looking to make improvements in cooling, motor force and soft parts, With the AR surround / Cone, solid pole, machined cooling vents, 10” Spiders and a 3.5" coil we accomplished all of those things and then some.
The end result is a sub that works great in the SPL lanes as well as Pounding out the LOWS!!
To really step it up with this driver take a look at the Carbon Fiber options available for it.
|The end result is a sub that has extreme amounts of output for the SPL lanes but reliable enough for a high-powered daily system.|
• Extremely strong kraft pulp fiber reinforced cone
• Wide Long Throw foam surround
• Dome propylene dust cover with White DC logo
• 10” OD Spaced Spiders
• Extra heavy duty sewn tinsel lead wire
• Cast DC Series aluminum black frame 15”/18”
• FEA analyzed and optimized motor assembly – Fully CNC machined
• Rubber mounting gasket
• Direct Leads
• DVC 3.5” 8 Layer Hi-temp Aluminum voice coil wound on a Black Anodized Aluminum voice coil former with high current input strips.
|Mounting Hole Diameter||11.15"||14.25"||16.90"|
|Outside Driver Diameter||12.50"||15.70"||18.50"|
|Displacement||.19³ ft||.21³ ft||.26³ ft|
|Power Handling RMS/Peak||3000 / 6000||3500 / 7000||3500 / 7000|
|Impedance (Ohm)||D.7 / D1 / D1.4 / D2||D.7 / D1 / D1.4 / D2||D.7 / D1 / D1.4 / D2|
|Sd||494.00 cm²||815.00 cm²||1217.00 cm²|